It's Your Library; Check it Out!
I note with amusement, that June 9th is the Birthday of Donald Duck. He appeared in a Disney cartoon called “The Wise Little Hen” in 1934. This would of course make Donald 87 years old. I don’t know what you feel about the whole Disney Empire, but this anniversary brings to mind the whole idea of traveling. This is an idea that seems to have been on hold since the Summer of 2019.
Traveling has the ability to take us out of our daily routine and into new surroundings and experiences and this can reset our bodies and minds. Even planning a trip can have a fantastic effect on the body – it boosts happiness and feels rewarding. Not only does travel reduce stress but it expands the mind.
We do have quite the travel book collection for both domestic and overseas travel. Here is just a sample of some items:
- Travel as a Political Act by Rick Steves
- Discover Wisconsin by Thomas Huhti (Avalon Travel Guide)
- The Wisconsin Road Guide to Haunted Locations by Chad Lewis
- Yellowstone & Grand Teton National Parks by Benedict Walker (Lonely Planet Guide).
- Guide to the National Parks of the United States by National Geographic
- Birnbaum’s Walt Disney World: The Official Guide by Wendy Lefkon
- 50 Hikes in Wisconsin by John Morgan (Explorer Guide)
So if you are thinking of going somewhere this Summer or Fall, you might want to stop in and see all of the travel guides that we have…it might help you focus on a specific itinerary.
If you are not traveling anywhere this Summer and are looking for something to do, you are more than welcome to join the Summer Reading Program. Any Adult, Teen or Child is welcome to join (ongoing) and read for prizes as well as attend any of the upcoming monthly events:
- June 21st FFA Animal Event at Playmore Park: 1:30pm
- July 19th Vehicle Day at Library Parking Lot: 1:30pm
- August 27th Movie Night at Rossmiller Park: Dusk
- August 30th Pizza Party & Prize Drawing at Playmore Park 1:30pm
I am pretty sure that Donald Duck will not attend the FFA Animal Event, but we’ll have fun none-the-less. In the meantime, new books and materials will be arriving soon and I invite you to stop by and take a look…after all, we are your library; come and check us out!