It's Your Library; Check it Out!
As I review the scant history that I have of our Library, I do not find that at any time in our history, have we been closed for so long (almost 10 weeks) and for such a reason. I am hopeful that all of you are safe, and healthy. For those that have suffered from Covid-19 our thoughts and prayers are with you!
The Library Board and I have met and have developed a plan for the safe re-opening of the library. With that in mind I want to share some of these plans with you so that you understand what it is we are doing.
First of all, we will have a limited schedule: on Mondays-Wednesdays-Fridays, we will be open from 10:00am – 5:00pm. On Tuesdays & Thursdays, we will be open from 1:00pm – 7:00pm. We will not be open on Saturdays until after Labor Day. These are indeed shorter hours, but less interaction means less chance for anything to spread.
Secondly we have a series of items for you to be aware of when you visit here:
- Only 10 patrons are to be allowed in the Library at a time (the count includes Staff).
- Computer Stations: only 3 will be available with a 20 minute time limit.
- We will promote the Social Distance Norm of staying 6 feet apart.
- All programs will be canceled until the Fall.
- Sorry, no Summer Reading Program this year.
- We are asking all visiting patrons to please wear a mask.
- We are hoping to go back to regular hours after Labor Day, but we can make no promises.
Unfortunately, we have decided to cancel the 2020 Summer Reading Program for the following reasons:
- The large gatherings of children and adults that the program hosts throughout the Summer would not fit under the 10 or less people gathered in one place guideline that is currently being promoted for re-opening during the Summer season.
- The Company which supports, promotes, and produces materials for Summer Reading has been closed since early March.
- My Staff and I have had absolutely no time to prepare for any type of program.
- All of the contracted Performer’s for 2020 have canceled their participation in the program.
Coming soon: to help Patrons throughout the Summer, we will be introducing two different software programs: 1) BeanStack is a program and app that allows you to track your reading and search the library catalog. Log in using a library card, input topics and locate books from the ETLPL catalog that are age appropriate. Users may follow a link from the library’s website or download the app for their device; and 2) CreativeBug is for the crafty DIYers and Makerspace people. It offers video instruction on arts and crafts, sewing, baking, etc. A link is available from the library website. There is also an app for your device. Be sure to Log in with your library card to access either of these programs. In the meantime, my Staff and I will be doing some of our monthly reading challenges if you prefer going the paper route rather than the PC or Smartphone.
We also want to let you know that if for some reason you do not wish to enter the Library but would still like to check out materials, we will offer Front Door Pick-Up to you. Please call us (262-642-6262) and let us know what you want. We will place your items in a bag and wait for you. When arriving call us again and let us know you are here. We will bring the materials out to your car.
We look forward to welcoming you back and to seeing your familiar faces again! It’s your Library; come and check us out!