Just in time for school, Lakeshores Library System has added a new learning database that provides mutliple tools to assist both kids and adults. Included in this database:
Live Homework Help - Interact with live tutors in a wide range of subjects.
Skill Surfer - An extensive library of lessons, video tutorials, and practice tests.
Writing Lab - Provides expert analysis of written papers.
Language Lab - Assistance with Spanish and French.
MEET - Allows users to schedule virtual study sessions with friends.
Adult Learning Center - Assistance with tests, Microsoft Office, and Career Resources.
All of these resources and more are available by logging into Brainfuse with your Library Card. Check out Brainfuse here or through "Online Databases" under the "Reference and Research" tab above.
For a video tutorial on how to get started with Brainfuse, click here.
Friends of the Library Book Sale
Books for sale are available on the table in the lobby as you enter the Library. All books are $1.00 each. Proceeds of the sale benefit the Friends of the East Troy Lions Public Library. Come in and check out!
Lynda.com is now Linked in Learning
Check out the link in our Online Databases under the Reference and Research tab above!
Favorite Authors Club - Addition of Authors
Did you know that we have a feature in the SHARE catalog called "Favorite Author's Club"? This feature allows patrons to ask the system to automatically place "holds" on any newly catalogued items written by the author(s) that the customer has selected.
Recently, a group of our SHARE librarians revised the list of authors that are available to choose from and added several more authors. Click on this link to find out how to utilize this handy feature and to find out if any of your favorite authors have been added.
COVID-19 Library Policy
- Only 20 patrons will be allowed in the Library at a time (Including Staff).
- All Patrons must wear a mask to enter the building (A mask will be provided for those who do not have one.).
- Only 3 PC Stations will be available with a 30 minute time limit.
- We will promote the Social Distance Norm of staying 6 feet apart.
- Front Door Pick-Up will be provided to anyone who would prefer not to wear a mask or enter the building. Call 262-642-6262 or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to request your items and then phone us when you arrive in the parking lot.